Member registration for 2020-2021 season will be available on Nov 1st, 2020 on Zone 4.
|Halifax Nordic Membership
Excludes the Brunello Snow Bowl
Additional pass that provides access to the Brunello Snow Bowl
Types of membership:
- Individual Adult
- Individual Youth: age 4-16
- Family: Family = 2 adults of the same household and their dependent children under the age of 19 yrs (as of Dec 31st of the current registration year) Be sure to name all of the individuals in your family who ski when you register, so that they will be eligible for Club discounts and be covered by Cross Country Canada insurance.)
- Day Membership– We recommend that individuals looking for a day pass for our trails purchase a $15 day membership that includes a comprehensive liability insurance through Cross Country Canada.
Continuing from last year, we are offering an added membership option, The Brunello Pass, to reflect the cost of running snow making equipment and the lights at Brunello’s Snow Bowl. We plan to offer consistent skiing and grooming at Brunello this winter on the artificial snow in the “Snow Bowl”. If you plan to ski at Brunello on the area where we make snow, the “Snow Bowl”, please also include the “Brunello Pass” membership option when you register on Zone 4. This fee will cover the additional costs associated with snow making and running lights for night-skiing.
Your membership fee allows the club to run activities and maintain grooming equipment that our club volunteers use to groom Halifax Nordic trails: the Bryan Scallion ski trails at McDonald Sport Park in Waverley, Graves-Oakley Memorial Park in Spryfield. Brunello Estates near Timberlea, Dollar Lake Provincial Park and Smileys Provincial Park. Other benefits to membership:
- E-news bulletins about club activities, snow conditions, notices, etc.
- Access to groomed trails at 5 parks
- Low-cost x-c instructional programs for Youth and Adults
- Ski equipment rental program – your children will have the right equipment every season without the hassle of buying and selling as your children grow (while supply lasts)
- Access to Club Gear Swap (TBD) – buy and sell used equipment (mid-November)
- Comprehensive liability insurance package through Cross Country Canada
- Membership in Cross Country Ski Nova Scotia and Cross Country Canada: ($15/individual or $38/family of club membership fees is directed to Cross Country Canada and Cross Country Nova Scotia)
- Social events and fun competitions
- Access to Club outings (eg. to Kouchibouguac, Charlo)
- An easy way to meet 400+ other cross country skiers.
- Trail Shop discount – 10%
- Hub Cycle discount – 10%
- Sejour Kouchibouguac Resort discount – 25% off high season rates (reserve your booking early and ask for Halifax Nordic member discount- call the resort for details). There is a restaurant kitchen/communal dining area available for group bookings, as well newly renovaed cottages. Early booking rate available if you reserve before Christmas.
- L’Ancrage B&B discount for 2+ nights – 15%.
- The Old Courthouse Inn -10% off.